Spiritual Wellness: How to activate your sensuality
Ever wondered how you can activate your sensuality? Being in touch with your sensual side can help you fall in love with yourself, appreciate yourself more, and be more in tune with what gives you pleasure. When you activate your sensuality, you promote self-love, which leads to being kinder to yourself.
How to activate your sensuality:
- Give your body some love. Nourish it with good food, do some stretches (especially if you’ve been sitting all day), put on lotion or take an indulgent bath, write down all the things your body enables you to do.
- Adorn yourself. Whether it’s a favorite dress, something sexy, or some beautiful jewelry, adorning yourself helps promote self-love and can make you feel beautiful.
- Meditate or immerse yourself in nature. If you live in a city, the constant noise and pollution can be overwhelming. Find a park nearby or sit in your garden (if you have one) and take some time to appreciate the natural things around you, including hummingbirds, fragrant flowers, and the trees swaying in the breeze.
- Create a self-love ritual. This can be anything that makes you feel a little more appreciative of yourself and your abilities. Maybe you’re an amazing cook and self-love involves making a delicious, thoughtful meal for yourself. Maybe you like to crochet or paint, but never give yourself time to indulge, and it would promote self-love if you did so. Maybe for you self-love involves doing your full skincare routine, taking a bath, or putting on makeup and fixing your hair. Whatever you do, make sure it inspires you.
- Be mindful. Mindfulness involves making an effort to stay in the moment. Sometimes we’re either dwelling on the past or thinking ahead to the future, but being fully present and mindful of your current state can be liberating. When your mind is not racing ahead or looking back to the past, you can feel more peaceful and content.
- Find your Goddess. Take our Goddess Quiz or read more below to find the Goddess who will help you get in touch with your sensuality.
Aphrodite - Goddess of love and beauty Aphrodite will lead you to your highest state of self-love and fan the flames of confidence.
Freya - Freya took pleasure in having fun and was never apologetic about it. Let her remind you that you deserve to have a good time often.
Circe - As a sorceress, Circe was in touch with her sensuality and had vast knowledge of herbs and potions. She can inspire you to create your own meaningful rituals using your favorite objects.
Frida Kahlo - Frida Kahlo’s sensuality came through in her paintings and famous self-portraits. Allow her to inspire you to make some self-portraits (even if they're just selfies).
Rhiannon - Celtic Goddess Rhiannon has inspired music and artwork for centuries. Her ethereal energy invites you to take more time for yourself and focus on your hobbies and the topics that have always interested you.
Cleopatra - Renowned for being able to draw and keep the attention of men with her beauty and intelligence, Cleopatra’s allure continues to captivate and inspire. She can help put you in touch with your seductive side.
Bastet - A Goddess often represented by a cat, Bastet was associated with lovely scents, ointments, beauty, and domesticity. Invoke her spirit to create a beautiful space for yourself in your home.
Nefertiti - Like Cleopatra, Nefertiti is one of the most revered queens of Egypt. Famous for her beauty and elegance, she gives you permission to spend time making yourself look and feel beautiful.